Guest viewing is limited

Just Joined Seeking Arrangement

@Wwanderer can you tell me what a "date" without sex looks like ?
paying for sex I get the concept but this all seem so strange to me, I'd like to learn more about the guy's motivation in this.

I like this question, btw.

A lot of possible answers have crossed my mind, but for now let me see what you (or anyone) makes of this one.

Imagine a typical conventional, romantic or at least potentially romantic, relationship between two young 20-something or 30-something single people which has not progressed to being fully sexual yet. Obviously their dates could involve many different sorts of activities and interactions, but just think of typical ones...nothing unusual. Now change just two things in this picture: First, imagine that one of them (probably the man) gives the other (probably the woman) some sort of financial support that they have both agreed to be satisfactory. Second, imagine that they are not a relationship that is likely to have happened/developed in the normal course of social life. Usually the man is much older than the woman...but could be vice versa. Usually they will not have much in common in terms of background or profession or common acquaintances etc. In other words they will have first connected because both sought out a sugar partner by some route (SA or a kosai club or by meeting in some place like R2 that they went looking for a sugar partner). Otherwise, everything about their dates and interaction is pretty much exactly the same. Is that a clear enough picture?

I have not addressed the issue of motivation directly, but implicitly the guy's motivation seems pretty obvious to me; it is not really any different from the motivation of the guy in the conventional dating relationship I suggested as a starting model at the beginning of the previous paragraph. Namely he is having fun and enjoying female companionship and affection.

Does that help at all?

There are other things, including deeper issues, that could be discussed, but let me try this for a start.

-Ww

A lot of possible answers have crossed my mind, but for now let me see what you (or anyone) makes of this one.

Imagine a typical conventional, romantic or at least potentially romantic, relationship between two young 20-something or 30-something single people which has not progressed to being fully sexual yet. Obviously their dates could involve many different sorts of activities and interactions, but just think of typical ones...nothing unusual. Now change just two things in this picture: First, imagine that one of them (probably the man) gives the other (probably the woman) some sort of financial support that they have both agreed to be satisfactory. Second, imagine that they are not a relationship that is likely to have happened/developed in the normal course of social life. Usually the man is much older than the woman...but could be vice versa. Usually they will not have much in common in terms of background or profession or common acquaintances etc. In other words they will have first connected because both sought out a sugar partner by some route (SA or a kosai club or by meeting in some place like R2 that they went looking for a sugar partner). Otherwise, everything about their dates and interaction is pretty much exactly the same. Is that a clear enough picture?

I have not addressed the issue of motivation directly, but implicitly the guy's motivation seems pretty obvious to me; it is not really any different from the motivation of the guy in the conventional dating relationship I suggested as a starting model at the beginning of the previous paragraph. Namely he is having fun and enjoying female companionship and affection.

Does that help at all?

There are other things, including deeper issues, that could be discussed, but let me try this for a start.

-Ww
I didn't ask what is sugar dating, what I wanted to know is from the sugar daddy perspective, what is nice date without sex that is worth paying for (especially if you don't have much in common) ? what's the fun in it ? I get the point in paying a good looking girl for sex because her good look triggers that, but isn't hanging out with a good looking girl I don't have much in common with more like a price to pay in order to have sex in normal dating situations ?

That's something I have experienced, not before but after having sex. After I graduated high school all my relations started with sex, well it actually started with kissing but sex was happening the same day so I don't have any experience (as an adult) of dating a girl I didn't have sex with. After sex happens we can hang out but it will be fun only if I think she's interesting/funny in friend mode and it will be as much fun as hanging out with male friends. If she's not funny/interesting then going out on "date" (I don't know if it's exactly the same as hanging out) will be a boring duty to avoid as much as possible especially if the date consists on doing something only funny to her. If she wants to do shopping with someone I'd tell her to find a girl to go with. Asking me to accompany her for girl cloth shopping would be the same as asking me to remove my balls for a day so I was really surprised when I saw the french girl thread who was expecting to be paid by a man accompanying her on shopping. :eek:

Does the opposite exist ? would a sugar mommy pay me to accompany me watch a soccer game ? :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Wwanderer
I didn't ask what is sugar dating, what I wanted to know is from the sugar daddy perspective, what is nice date without sex that is worth paying for (especially if you don't have much in common) ? what's the fun in it ? I get the point in paying a good looking girl for sex because her good look triggers that, but isn't hanging out with a good looking girl I don't have much in common with more like a price to pay in order to have sex in normal dating situations ?

That's something I have experienced, not before but after having sex. After I graduated high school all my relations started with sex, well it actually started with kissing but sex was happening the same day so I don't have any experience (as an adult) of dating a girl I didn't have sex with. After sex happens we can hang out but it will be fun only if I think she's interesting/funny in friend mode and it will be as much fun as hanging out with male friends. If she's not funny/interesting then going out on "date" (I don't know if it's exactly the same as hanging out) will be a boring duty to avoid as much as possible especially if the date consists on doing something only funny to her. If she wants to do shopping with someone I'd tell her to find a girl to go with. Asking me to accompany her for girl cloth shopping would be the same as asking me to remove my balls for a day so I was really surprised when I saw the french girl thread who was expecting to be paid by a man accompanying her on shopping. :eek:

Does the opposite exist ? would a sugar mommy pay me to accompany me watch a soccer game ? :ROFLMAO:
I feel like this IS the way most "western" guys think, so i was really suprised about the concept of hostess clubs at first.

How ever, not EVERY guy cares about sexual release.
I do think that for many (older) guys, beautiful women are a status thing, but if they dont have a high sex drive, they might get more happy from being out in public with a beautiful woman and showing her off, or just looking at her. To some guys its also not so much about sex but more about flirting and attention and tension and such, so they can get that from a sexless date.

As far as I know, sexless dates are MORE common between mommies and male babies because women care less about sex and more about company, and its harder for a man to have sex with a woman he's not physically attracted to than for a woman.

Reactions: Wwanderer and MikeH

Does that help at all?

-Ww
Firstly, sorry to the OP for veering off a bit from your original post.
I found @Wwanderer 's post above a good initial insight into why one would consider sugar dating if sex was not involved, which I was also curious to know.

To understand the reason, one should not compare (A)=sugar dating with no sex, with (B)=sugar dating with sex involved.
One should compare (A) with (C)=normal dating/companionship.
And to understand the merits of (A), you need to understand what one gets from (C).

The difference between (A) and (C), as I understand, is accessibility. Due to a number of reasons, including age, etc., one would not be able to access a good pool of ladies to connect with to enjoy (C). Thus, one with enough financial clout/means would consider (A).

Of course, this is just my bare understanding which may be wrong. Plus, I may have learned algebra wrong back in school!

I feel like this IS the way most "western" guys think, so i was really suprised about the concept of hostess clubs at first.

I think you nailed part of the equation but might have missed another part. In the beginning I was as surprised about the hostess club thing as anyone else who hasn't grown up in here.

I don't think Japanese guys care less about sex (well, maybe now but not my generation) or care more about just flirting than European or American guys. The difference is that in Europe and US they have much more freedom and chances to do that anyway, without paying to sit down and talk with a beautiful girl.

When I was young (just after the dinosaurs had died) it was normal in Europe to go out with your friends to a bar, drink, eat and try to hit up any girls in the same bar. While in Japan you would go out with friends, drink, eat and not talk to anyone outside your own group. So the only girls you would meet where the ones you either studied or worked together.

Of course in universities or other schools things would not be that bad, but after you get a job then I totally understand why you would be paying just for the attention and flirting.

Reactions: Wwanderer
As far as I know, sexless dates are MORE common between mommies and male babies because women care less about sex and more about company, and its harder for a man to have sex with a woman he's not physically attracted to than for a woman.

I have only talked with a couple of guys who have been in that role, so I cannot speak with authority, but in those cases sex has been important for the sugar mommy. But even more important than for her to come it has been for the guy to come.

At least for those sugar mommies it was the mark that they were still attractive; pretty much every guy can get it up with anyone, especially with the pills nowadays, but finishing seemed to be the final victory. I guess nobody told these ladies that it's quite often possible for the guy to finish if he just closes his eyes and goes to his happy place :eek::D

I have only talked with a couple of guys who have been in that role, so I cannot speak with authority, but in those cases sex has been important for the sugar mommy. But even more important than for her to come it has been for the guy to come.

At least for those sugar mommies it was the mark that they were still attractive; pretty much every guy can get it up with anyone, especially with the pills nowadays, but finishing seemed to be the final victory. I guess nobody told these ladies that it's quite often possible for the guy to finish if he just closes his eyes and goes to his happy place :eek::D
That is true, for a sugar mommy, sex may not be so important, but the illusion that the guy she likes find her attractive IS important.

I have heard of many hosts who claim they dont sleep with their sugar mommies, but they, we can all say what we want people to believe. ;)

I think you nailed part of the equation but might have missed another part. In the beginning I was as surprised about the hostess club thing as anyone else who hasn't grown up in here.

I don't think Japanese guys care less about sex (well, maybe now but not my generation) or care more about just flirting than European or American guys. The difference is that in Europe and US they have much more freedom and chances to do that anyway, without paying to sit down and talk with a beautiful girl.

When I was young (just after the dinosaurs had died) it was normal in Europe to go out with your friends to a bar, drink, eat and try to hit up any girls in the same bar. While in Japan you would go out with friends, drink, eat and not talk to anyone outside your own group. So the only girls you would meet where the ones you either studied or worked together.

Of course in universities or other schools things would not be that bad, but after you get a job then I totally understand why you would be paying just for the attention and flirting.
Hm, that whole situation is quite different nowadays, i think.

yeah but those are dates for women (restaurants and stuff) , not dates oriented toward the guy's interests (male hobbies and activities).
I place shopping in the women hobbies field and I don't understand why a guy has to pay to take part in it. If you pay you do what you like, not what the other one likes don't you ?

yeah but those are dates for women (restaurants and stuff) , not dates oriented toward the guy's interests (male hobbies and activities).
I place shopping in the women hobbies field and I don't understand why a guy has to pay to take part in it. If you pay you do what you like, not what the other one likes don't you ?
Hmm well, in case of hosts, they often go drinking and stuff, so maybe thats a boys thing? But of course women who go host in the first place generally also go drinking.

I once went to a boxing match with a host but it was a match with handsome guys and dances in inbetween and such, so maybe also more women entertainment.

I think restaurants are pretty nutral really? Its not like only women eat out. It would rather depends on who's favorite cuisine it is and that kind of things.

I think that men like shopping with pretty women to show them off to the shop staff, treat them (giving presents is fun to some people) and to see them change into tight dresses and sexy underwear, which builds up tension.

Hmm well, in case of hosts, they often go drinking and stuff, so maybe thats a boys thing? But of course women who go host in the first place generally also go drinking.

I once went to a boxing match with a host but it was a match with handsome guys and dances in inbetween and such, so maybe also more women entertainment.

I think restaurants are pretty nutral really? Its not like only women eat out. It would rather depends on who's favorite cuisine it is and that kind of things.

I think that men like shopping with pretty women to show them off to the shop staff, treat them (giving presents is fun to some people) and to see them change into tight dresses and sexy underwear, which builds up tension.
Drinking is neutral but restaurants aren't IMO. You can see a bunch of girls in restaurants but not as many bunch of guys and most of the time it's business meeting.
Buddies will only propose to go to restaurant when there are women in the groups, I wouldn't go there with my best mate, I'd go with my wife, gf of family.

As far as it concerns shopping I'd really like to hear that last phrase of yours from a guy, do they really see it this way ? The way I see it it's a more like a burden to any normal guy and something a girl should do with a gay friend or a friendzoned beta male who still has hopes or wants any illusion of date to cherish later as a memory.

Drinking is neutral but restaurants aren't IMO. You can see a bunch of girls in restaurants but not as many bunch of guys and most of the time it's business meeting.
Buddies will only propose to go to restaurant when there are women in the groups, I wouldn't go there with my best mate, I'd go with my wife, gf of family.

As far as it concerns shopping I'd really like to hear that last phrase of yours from a guy, do they really see it this way ? The way I see it it's a more like a burden to any normal guy and something a girl should do with a gay friend or a friendzoned beta male who still has hopes or wants any illusion of date to cherish later as a memory.
I dont know man, a lot of the guys who come to Japan on vacation claim they go here "for the food". I would never go to a country for the food but it seems common for men. So i dont know if its a female hobby.

A lot of rich guys seem into "fine dining" and seem very at home at brand stores, although i dont know if they really love shopping.

I can hardly imagine a guy NOT wanting to see me try on lingerie though.

But yes, i'd love to have other guys weight in on this topic because i dont know whats in a guys mind of course.

I dont know man, a lot of the guys who come to Japan on vacation claim they go here "for the food". I would never go to a country for the food but it seems common for men. So i dont know if its a female hobby.

A lot of rich guys seem into "fine dining" and seem very at home at brand stores, although i dont know if they really love shopping.

But yes, i'd love to have other guys weight in on this topic because i dont know whats in a guys mind of course.
Taking the plane to the other side of the world for food you can find in your home country (Japanese food is everywhere) is a special concept indeed. I don't think it's that common, must be a special category of men.

Seeing a girl trying on lingerie is a nice view of course but I'd rather see that at home after she bought it by herself without dragging me to the stores. It would be OK if women's shopping process was fast as men's shopping is. When I need to buy cloths I know what I want and I go strait to the point, women can spend hours in a mall. When my wife is back home with sore feet after shopping I'm thinking "why do you do that to yourself ?".

I didn't ask what is sugar dating

I thought you asked what a sugar date without sex "looks like", and my answer is that it looks (or can look) like a typical non-sugar date without sex. And, for that matter, a sugar date with sex often looks like a non-sugar date with sex. Except in both cases, for the money changing hands and the fact that the two people probably would be very unlikely to non-sugar date for various reasons. (In my personal case, I'm old enough to be the grandfather of most of my SBs.)

what I wanted to know is from the sugar daddy perspective, what is nice date without sex that is worth paying for (especially if you don't have much in common) ? what's the fun in it ? I get the point in paying a good looking girl for sex because her good look triggers that, but isn't hanging out with a good looking girl I don't have much in common with more like a price to pay in order to have sex in normal dating situations ?

I place shopping in the women hobbies field and I don't understand why a guy has to pay to take part in it.

There are men, sometimes called things like "a man's man", whose main interest in women is sex and whose main motivation for interacting with them is to find sex partners. From your comments above and elsewhere, it sounds like you might be in this group. I'm not judging but just saying that for a lot of guys, the company of most women is not particularly interesting or entertaining much of the time. They like socializing with their bros more than with women for the most part. Anyway, for such men, dating and courting and so forth is largely the "price" of having a willing and enthusiastic sex partner. For such men, sugar dating without sex makes no sense and even sugar dating with sex probably isn't a particularly good option.

However and as I imagine you have noticed, there are many guys who greatly enjoy women's company and doing all sorts of activities with them whether or not they are or even might be sex partners at some point. The very difference in personalities and perspectives between men and women makes interactions more complex, challenging, stimulating (in many senses) and thus more worthwhile and fun. It is this latter group of men that explain hostess clubs and the reason most upscale [Redacted/Removed] offer extended dates which include social time (or even social time only dates) and why most escorts will tell you that some of their customers only want to talk and perhaps cuddle or whatever.

Not that our personal situations matter, but I am very much in this latter group. I have been fascinated with women and attracted to them in many ways, not just sexual ones, for over 50 years now, and I never get enough. Most of my close friends are and have been women, some with a sexual connection and some without.

Beyond that and addressing another of your points, I personally greatly enjoy the company of people much younger than me (including guys) and often prefer it to the company of people my own age (who tend to bore me...with some major exceptions of course). One of my SBs used to comment that I was like a 25 yo somehow trapped in the body of a 65 yo. I also like people who have major interests that differ from mine, because I am fairly well informed about my own interests, but someone who has very different interests almost certainly knows things that I can learn. The things that I learn from my SBs are a major part of my attraction to sugaring.

If you pay you do what you like, not what the other one likes don't you ?

People have all sorts of different ideas about sugaring, and what you express above may well be the norm for all I know, but it is exactly wrong in my preferred version of sugaring. I don't want my money to buy anything at all from an SB...not sex, not her time, not her companionship, not giving my activity preferences priority....absolutely nothing at all...except for allowing the relationship to exist when it otherwise would not. Otherwise, I want the relationship to be as much like a np4p one as possible, which involves compromises and consideration of the other person and real attraction and affection.

After I graduated high school all my relations started with sex, well it actually started with kissing but sex was happening the same day so I don't have any experience (as an adult) of dating a girl I didn't have sex with.

Fwiiw, I am fairly sure that you are unusual in this respect. It might be because of the sorts of women you attract or to whom you are attracted or for some other reason, but first date sex is common but not the overwhelming/invariable norm either for adult dating in most of the world. I'd guess that sex on about the third date might be the average case for non-virgin adults dating...but just a guess.

To be clear and fwiiw, I have sex with the large majority of my SBs and often (but also often not) on the first date and occasionally not at all. But if I the only thing I'm getting out of the connection is sex, I end it and move on. Sex alone is so easy to get that it can't justify all of the effort and time that goes into sugaring.

I hope this is a better answer to your question.

-Ww

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
To understand the reason, one should not compare (A)=sugar dating with no sex, with (B)=sugar dating with sex involved.
One should compare (A) with (C)=normal dating/companionship.
And to understand the merits of (A), you need to understand what one gets from (C).

The difference between (A) and (C), as I understand, is accessibility. Due to a number of reasons, including age, etc., one would not be able to access a good pool of ladies to connect with to enjoy (C). Thus, one with enough financial clout/means would consider (A).

Exactly so.

-Ww

My personal shopping style is to order things online, and before that was possible, I just bought whatever was closest to the door so as to leave the store asap.

However, I have had fun a few times with the type of scenario you describe. It can be really amusing to watch the reactions of the shop staff.

-Ww

Taking the plane to the other side of the world for food you can find in your home country (Japanese food is everywhere) is a special concept indeed.

This is a major attraction of Tokyo for many people in some of my social circles, not that they would make a special trip just for the food in most cases, but it is one of the things they like best about the city. It is the "Michelin capital of the world", you know...the most stars and most 3-star places! And it is by no means Japanese food only. Even most French food critics consider Tokyo to have the best French food in the world outside France. And there are great places with many many different types of food.

There are also many types of Japanese food that are quite hard to find anywhere outside Japan.

-Ww

Sorry to OP that this is not really his original topic but I wanted to throw my two cents in on the "What a date looks like without sex?" question and why an SD would pay for it as well as a few other points in the thread.

Additional apologies on the length of this post but I really wanted to address several statements in previous posts at once.

After I graduated high school all my relations started with sex, well it actually started with kissing but sex was happening the same day so I don't have any experience (as an adult) of dating a girl I didn't have sex with. After sex happens we can hang out but it will be fun only if I think she's interesting/funny in friend mode and it will be as much fun as hanging out with male friends.

This is an interesting insight into your perspective on the situation I think. I can say that my personal experience is the exact opposite of this. I can think of only a very few times when sex occurred within 24 hours of meeting outside of P4P or a SD/SB relationship. And it's fairly rare in the SD/SB situation for me, though not unheard of. Partly this is due to my personality and partly due to the fact that where I lived most of my life didn't have the traditional "hookup" locations; bars, nightclubs, ect. Dating was more, "traditional". You meet a girl, talk for a bit, see her again somewhere, talk a bit more, decide you want to ask her out, actually ask her out, build chemistry and affection and then get into the sex stage, unless she was "saving herself for marriage" which still happens quite a bit. But you can't even get to the dating part in most situations if you prefer younger women as they aren't likely to let you get to the asking out stage.

So in that scenario Sugar Dating really just streamlines the process. I don't spend tons of time with small talk before asking her out. I just know that she's an attractive young woman, who in ordinary scenario likely wouldn't even entertain the idea of a date with me, but now I've been able to be upfront in saying, "I want to spend time with a attractive younger woman, get to know her and hopefully we both decide we are attracted enough to each other for sex." Obviously, sometimes that ends after a few dates or sometimes even the first date when it's clear she isn't interested in ever having sex with me or vice versa. But we both knew that was part of the deal going in. Could I just use normal P4P? Sure, it's a guaranteed night of sex, but it's also often a lot pricier, especially in the long term. Having an SB who is having sex with your not because your paying to see her but because she genuinely is attracted to you in my experience is going to lead to a much longer experience. So for the price of say $200 a date (Which seems to be fairly common among SB's in my normal area) you end up with a whole evening together. The going rates for P4P around here would be $300-$400 per hour. So if you think about it in purely transactional terms you trade additional "dating" time for longer sexual experiences. But it's more than transactional. You have been seeing each other for a bit before you ever hop into bed. You have time to discuss each others wants and needs and the things that turn them on and turn them off, ect ect. Here in the US P4P doesn't come with a list of things a girl will do with a price tag next to each. You may have to see a provider several times before she is willing to do some things with you even if she offers them as she wants to feel safe with you first. That adds up pretty quick!

If she's not funny/interesting then going out on "date" (I don't know if it's exactly the same as hanging out) will be a boring duty to avoid as much as possible especially if the date consists on doing something only funny to her. If she wants to do shopping with someone I'd tell her to find a girl to go with. Asking me to accompany her for girl cloth shopping would be the same as asking me to remove my balls for a day so I was really surprised when I saw the french girl thread who was expecting to be paid by a man accompanying her on shopping.

I agree if she isn't funny or interesting then dating would be a chore. That's why in nearly every arrangement the first time we meet will not be paid, it's a chance for us to discuss in person what we want out of the arrangement, clearly state any boundaries we each want to have, and get a feel for things enough that I'm confident we'll have a good time together on the first real date and that it is something we both will enjoy doing.

Speaking for me personally, I hate shopping as a general rule, but as with every rule there is an exception. In the case of a sugaring relationship I currently have one where the primary "sugar" I provide is travel and shopping. I enjoy the travel and I enjoy having someone to enjoy the travel with me. Unlike traveling with normal friends/family however it's clear that I'm the dominate driving force in what we are going to see and do while traveling. On the flip side though when we get to the shopping I let her take charge. She enjoys picking out things that make her feel sexy and beautiful. I equally enjoy providing her with those things because in my experience, a woman feeling sexy and beautiful in the dress and lingerie you bought her is much more likely to want to be sexy with you back home out of that dress.

From what she tells me (and I would appreciate a perspective from other women here) when she goes shopping with friends the fun part is trying on clothes that make them feel sexy and showing them off a little (be that in a teasing cruel fashion to the "friend-zoned" male above or to other women in the shop or whatever). But unless she just gets the urge to splurge the clothes that come home from those trips are things to wear for work, school, her brother's wedding ect ect. It's all about finding something that's good enough, for whatever situation that, if she's lucky she feels she looks good in but most of the time she will settle for not feeling that it makes her "look bad" and fits in her budget. If she does splurge on something just for the sake of it making her feel good she feels guilty about the money as it could have been used for something useful.

Shopping with me she isn't worried about any of that. She just gets to enjoy getting something that she might never wear again but for those few hours made her feel sexy as hell and she doesn't feel guilty about it because she didn't blow her food budget for the week on it. It doesn't take hours and hours to accomplish. She already knows the sort of thing she wants, she's tried it or something like it a thousand times before, but now it's gonna be hers, guilt free, and she knows that as sexy as she feels in it is exactly as sexy I'm going to think she is in it. That's building up sexual tension for both of us to release later on in the hotel.

Also, the flip side is that as I said I hate shopping, I don't want to spend hours myself shopping for something to wear to work, dinner, my brother's wedding ect ect. It's much easier for me to wait at the dressing room for her to bring me a few things that will work for whatever occasion I'm needing to buy for, try them on quickly, see if I approve and then get her approval of how they look on me. It's much faster than if I go alone and having the female opinion of the total effect is great.

I'll address the food part below, but as a guy who has seen you in lingerie, however briefly you kept it on, you are 100% correct. I could certainly enjoy seeing you try on some more.

Taking the plane to the other side of the world for food you can find in your home country (Japanese food is everywhere) is a special concept indeed. I don't think it's that common, must be a special category of men.

Seeing a girl trying on lingerie is a nice view of course but I'd rather see that at home after she bought it by herself without dragging me to the stores. It would be OK if women's shopping process was fast as men's shopping is. When I need to buy cloths I know what I want and I go strait to the point, women can spend hours in a mall. When my wife is back home with sore feet after shopping I'm thinking "why do you do that to yourself ?".

One of the aspects of travel I enjoy is most certainly experiencing the food. I'd never come ONLY for the food and I doubt the most men saying they came for the food mean only for the food. It's just one aspect of why they travel. Saying "Japanese food is everywhere" is not really accurate. Say instead that "Japanese style food is everywhere." Try getting a traditional Ryokan style meal in the US, made with fresh, never frozen ingredients. Sushi in the US versus Japan is another good example. I've had excellent Sushi in the US but it is in every case distinctly different from the Sushi I had in Japan. Often when recipes come to other countries from their home location they are adjusted to make use of the local ingredients available instead of importing expensive ingredients from the home country. They are also often adjusted to better suit the pallet of the local population. It's part of the adventure of travel for me to try the local food, prepared and served in the local way.

As for the seeing a girl try on lingerie section of the quote above, yes, it's nice if she surprises me with lingerie she bought for me, but we go back to that situation above where it isn't really practical for her to spend $50-100 on something to turn me on. She already knows she can just get naked to do that. That means that in the back of her mind she's thinking about something other than how good she feels wearing it and looking sexy and it's even in conflict with that. If she's wearing something I bought her out shopping or that I took the time to go out and buy myself for her then there is no mental conflict. No mental conflict means a much better time for me :)

Anyway, that's just my two cents on all of the above and hope it gave you some insight, @e-smile into some of the SB/SD arrangements that you were having trouble understanding. At least that's why some of them work for me.

I thought you asked what a sugar date without sex "looks like", and my answer is that it looks (or can look) like a typical non-sugar date without sex. And, for that matter, a sugar date with sex often looks like a non-sugar date with sex. Except in both cases, for the money changing hands and the fact that the two people probably would be very unlikely to non-sugar date for various reasons. (In my personal case, I'm old enough to be the grandfather of most of my SBs.)

There are men, sometimes called things like "a man's man", whose main interest in women is sex and whose main motivation for interacting with them is to find sex partners. From your comments above and elsewhere, it sounds like you might be in this group. I'm not judging but just saying that for a lot of guys, the company of most women is not particularly interesting or entertaining much of the time. They like socializing with their bros more than with women for the most part. Anyway, for such men, dating and courting and so forth is largely the "price" of having a willing and enthusiastic sex partner. For such men, sugar dating without sex makes no sense and even sugar dating with sex probably isn't a particularly good option.

However and as I imagine you have noticed, there are many guys who greatly enjoy women's company and doing all sorts of activities with them whether or not they are or even might be sex partners at some point. The very difference in personalities and perspectives between men and women makes interactions more complex, challenging, stimulating (in many senses) and thus more worthwhile and fun. It is this latter group of men that explain hostess clubs and the reason most upscale [Redacted/Removed] offer extended dates which include social time (or even social time only dates) and why most escorts will tell you that some of their customers only want to talk and perhaps cuddle or whatever.

Not that our personal situations matter, but I am very much in this latter group. I have been fascinated with women and attracted to them in many ways, not just sexual ones, for over 50 years now, and I never get enough. Most of my close friends are and have been women, some with a sexual connection and some without.

Beyond that and addressing another of your points, I personally greatly enjoy the company of people much younger than me (including guys) and often prefer it to the company of people my own age (who tend to bore me...with some major exceptions of course). One of my SBs used to comment that I was like a 25 yo somehow trapped in the body of a 65 yo. I also like people who have major interests that differ from mine, because I am fairly well informed about my own interests, but someone who has very different interests almost certainly knows things that I can learn. The things that I learn from my SBs are a major part of my attraction to sugaring.

People have all sorts of different ideas about sugaring, and what you express above may well be the norm for all I know, but it is exactly wrong in my preferred version of sugaring. I don't want my money to buy anything at all from an SB...not sex, not her time, not her companionship, not giving my activity preferences priority....absolutely nothing at all...except for allowing the relationship to exist when it otherwise would not. Otherwise, I want the relationship to be as much like a np4p one as possible, which involves compromises and consideration of the other person and real attraction and affection.

Fwiiw, I am fairly sure that you are unusual in this respect. It might be because of the sorts of women you attract or to whom you are attracted or for some other reason, but first date sex is common but not the overwhelming/invariable norm either for adult dating in most of the world. I'd guess that sex on about the third date might be the average case for non-virgin adults dating...but just a guess.

To be clear and fwiiw, I have sex with the large majority of my SBs and often (but also often not) on the first date and occasionally not at all. But if I the only thing I'm getting out of the connection is sex, I end it and move on. Sex alone is so easy to get that it can't justify all of the effort and time that goes into sugaring.

I hope this is a better answer to your question.

-Ww
I didn't ask you to tell me about me, I know me, what I want to know is about you guys and how is your typical date without sex not mine. I'd love to read a review about that, I want to imagine your dates not mine.

There also a point I haven't paid attention to, you said you're 65, what is the average age of a sugar daddy ? That will help me understand a part of it.

Also I'd like to say that I'm not judging, I have no right to, I want your help not your self defense reactions. I want your help to understand this whole thing and also something else if you mind.

There is a group of friends I hang out a lot with in Japan, most of the are young women, there is a guy my age and 3 guys your age one of which is over 70 but really young in mind and even body and he's hosting most of our meetings in his house. In this group there is one particular girl, she's 25 and I felt she was attracted to me and she was attractive so I made a move under the table and that's what I literally did, I started caressing her hand under the table while continuing to group conversation and she was caressing mine back and giving me the lover look (which ruined the discretion) and just when we found a chance to get some privacy another girl came to tell me to stop cause she is the host's girlfriend. Do you think she's his SB ?

I'm still in touch with them and they have planned a welcome BBQ party for me as I'm going to Japan next week. How do they call SB in Japanese so I can ask her ?

This is a major attraction of Tokyo for many people in some of my social circles, not that they would make a special trip just for the food in most cases, but it is one of the things they like best about the city. It is the "Michelin capital of the world", you know...the most stars and most 3-star places! And it is by no means Japanese food only. Even most French food critics consider Tokyo to have the best French food in the world outside France. And there are great places with many many different types of food.

There are also many types of Japanese food that are quite hard to find anywhere outside Japan.

-Ww
It is one of the attractions and one of the things I'm looking forward to when I'm about to go but not a sufficient enough reason to travel. It sure adds up to the other reasons though.

Sorry to OP that this is not really his original topic but I wanted to throw my two cents in on the "What a date looks like without sex?" question and why an SD would pay for it as well as a few other points in the thread.

Additional apologies on the length of this post but I really wanted to address several statements in previous posts at once.

This is an interesting insight into your perspective on the situation I think. I can say that my personal experience is the exact opposite of this. I can think of only a very few times when sex occurred within 24 hours of meeting outside of P4P or a SD/SB relationship. And it's fairly rare in the SD/SB situation for me, though not unheard of. Partly this is due to my personality and partly due to the fact that where I lived most of my life didn't have the traditional "hookup" locations; bars, nightclubs, ect. Dating was more, "traditional". You meet a girl, talk for a bit, see her again somewhere, talk a bit more, decide you want to ask her out, actually ask her out, build chemistry and affection and then get into the sex stage, unless she was "saving herself for marriage" which still happens quite a bit. But you can't even get to the dating part in most situations if you prefer younger women as they aren't likely to let you get to the asking out stage.

So in that scenario Sugar Dating really just streamlines the process. I don't spend tons of time with small talk before asking her out. I just know that she's an attractive young woman, who in ordinary scenario likely wouldn't even entertain the idea of a date with me, but now I've been able to be upfront in saying, "I want to spend time with a attractive younger woman, get to know her and hopefully we both decide we are attracted enough to each other for sex." Obviously, sometimes that ends after a few dates or sometimes even the first date when it's clear she isn't interested in ever having sex with me or vice versa. But we both knew that was part of the deal going in. Could I just use normal P4P? Sure, it's a guaranteed night of sex, but it's also often a lot pricier, especially in the long term. Having an SB who is having sex with your not because your paying to see her but because she genuinely is attracted to you in my experience is going to lead to a much longer experience. So for the price of say $200 a date (Which seems to be fairly common among SB's in my normal area) you end up with a whole evening together. The going rates for P4P around here would be $300-$400 per hour. So if you think about it in purely transactional terms you trade additional "dating" time for longer sexual experiences. But it's more than transactional. You have been seeing each other for a bit before you ever hop into bed. You have time to discuss each others wants and needs and the things that turn them on and turn them off, ect ect. Here in the US P4P doesn't come with a list of things a girl will do with a price tag next to each. You may have to see a provider several times before she is willing to do some things with you even if she offers them as she wants to feel safe with you first. That adds up pretty quick!

I agree if she isn't funny or interesting then dating would be a chore. That's why in nearly every arrangement the first time we meet will not be paid, it's a chance for us to discuss in person what we want out of the arrangement, clearly state any boundaries we each want to have, and get a feel for things enough that I'm confident we'll have a good time together on the first real date and that it is something we both will enjoy doing.

Speaking for me personally, I hate shopping as a general rule, but as with every rule there is an exception. In the case of a sugaring relationship I currently have one where the primary "sugar" I provide is travel and shopping. I enjoy the travel and I enjoy having someone to enjoy the travel with me. Unlike traveling with normal friends/family however it's clear that I'm the dominate driving force in what we are going to see and do while traveling. On the flip side though when we get to the shopping I let her take charge. She enjoys picking out things that make her feel sexy and beautiful. I equally enjoy providing her with those things because in my experience, a woman feeling sexy and beautiful in the dress and lingerie you bought her is much more likely to want to be sexy with you back home out of that dress.

From what she tells me (and I would appreciate a perspective from other women here) when she goes shopping with friends the fun part is trying on clothes that make them feel sexy and showing them off a little (be that in a teasing cruel fashion to the "friend-zoned" male above or to other women in the shop or whatever). But unless she just gets the urge to splurge the clothes that come home from those trips are things to wear for work, school, her brother's wedding ect ect. It's all about finding something that's good enough, for whatever situation that, if she's lucky she feels she looks good in but most of the time she will settle for not feeling that it makes her "look bad" and fits in her budget. If she does splurge on something just for the sake of it making her feel good she feels guilty about the money as it could have been used for something useful.

Shopping with me she isn't worried about any of that. She just gets to enjoy getting something that she might never wear again but for those few hours made her feel sexy as hell and she doesn't feel guilty about it because she didn't blow her food budget for the week on it. It doesn't take hours and hours to accomplish. She already knows the sort of thing she wants, she's tried it or something like it a thousand times before, but now it's gonna be hers, guilt free, and she knows that as sexy as she feels in it is exactly as sexy I'm going to think she is in it. That's building up sexual tension for both of us to release later on in the hotel.

Also, the flip side is that as I said I hate shopping, I don't want to spend hours myself shopping for something to wear to work, dinner, my brother's wedding ect ect. It's much easier for me to wait at the dressing room for her to bring me a few things that will work for whatever occasion I'm needing to buy for, try them on quickly, see if I approve and then get her approval of how they look on me. It's much faster than if I go alone and having the female opinion of the total effect is great.

I'll address the food part below, but as a guy who has seen you in lingerie, however briefly you kept it on, you are 100% correct. I could certainly enjoy seeing you try on some more.

One of the aspects of travel I enjoy is most certainly experiencing the food. I'd never come ONLY for the food and I doubt the most men saying they came for the food mean only for the food. It's just one aspect of why they travel. Saying "Japanese food is everywhere" is not really accurate. Say instead that "Japanese style food is everywhere." Try getting a traditional Ryokan style meal in the US, made with fresh, never frozen ingredients. Sushi in the US versus Japan is another good example. I've had excellent Sushi in the US but it is in every case distinctly different from the Sushi I had in Japan. Often when recipes come to other countries from their home location they are adjusted to make use of the local ingredients available instead of importing expensive ingredients from the home country. They are also often adjusted to better suit the pallet of the local population. It's part of the adventure of travel for me to try the local food, prepared and served in the local way.

As for the seeing a girl try on lingerie section of the quote above, yes, it's nice if she surprises me with lingerie she bought for me, but we go back to that situation above where it isn't really practical for her to spend $50-100 on something to turn me on. She already knows she can just get naked to do that. That means that in the back of her mind she's thinking about something other than how good she feels wearing it and looking sexy and it's even in conflict with that. If she's wearing something I bought her out shopping or that I took the time to go out and buy myself for her then there is no mental conflict. No mental conflict means a much better time for me :)

Anyway, that's just my two cents on all of the above and hope it gave you some insight, @e-smile into some of the SB/SD arrangements that you were having trouble understanding. At least that's why some of them work for me.
Thanks a lot for this post, I found it very instructive and I have nothing to add apart to the first part about our opposite experience on dates.

First thing I want to say is that I was never into clubbing, I don't enjoy crowded noisy places and I currently prefer bars but that's relatively new because I didn't use to go before getting married. Most of the girls I've been with after high school weren't picked up in hookup places it was through common friends or on part time jobs. After graduating high school I moved to France for university studies and the first city I lived in was a small city (Montpellier) whose 1/3 of it's population were university students. University dormitories weren't enough to host all these students so most of us were renting our own apartment and Instead of going to bars and clubs it was more common to hold parties at home with drinks and food from the super market. It made a lot of sense to us broke students and I loved how french girls weren't materialist as girls from my home country or Japanese girls. And in addition to that the girls there are pretty active and they make the moves rather than waiting for you to do all the seduction job.

And it may seem strange to you but I'm pretty sure the reason why I had sex the first day with all the girls I've been with (including my wife) is because I'm not self confident enough for long game. I've played life in easy mode so when it's taking too long with a girl I assumed we're just friends and restrained from making any move. Now with my experience I remember so many situations where I realize that the girl was obviously attracted to me for something else than friendship but back then I didn't try anything even when she stayed at my place overnight sleeping with me in my single bed. :facepalm:

Thanks a lot for this post, I found it very instructive and I have nothing to add apart to the first part about our opposite experience on dates.

First thing I want to say is that I was never into clubbing, I don't enjoy crowded noisy places and I currently prefer bars but that's relatively new because I didn't use to go before getting married. Most of the girls I've been with after high school weren't picked up in hookup places it was through common friends or on part time jobs. After graduating high school I moved to France for university studies and the first city I lived in was a small city (Montpellier) whose 1/3 of it's population were university students. University dormitories weren't enough to host all these students so most of us were renting our own apartment and Instead of going to bars and clubs it was more common to hold parties at home with drinks and food from the super market. It made a lot of sense to us broke students and I loved how french girls weren't materialist as girls from my home country or Japanese girls. And in addition to that the girls there are pretty active and they make the moves rather than waiting for you to do all the seduction job.

And it may seem strange to you but I'm pretty sure the reason why I had sex the first day with all the girls I've been with (including my wife) is because I'm not self confident enough for long game. I've played life in easy mode so when it's taking too long with a girl I assumed we're just friends and restrained from making any move. Now with my experience I remember so many situations where I realize that the girl was obviously attracted to me for something else than friendship but back then I didn't try anything even when she stayed at my place overnight sleeping with me in my single bed. :facepalm:

This makes me think we have more in common than I initially thought. I certainly agree that I often restrained myself from making any move because I was afraid of rejection, or that I was just imagining any signs because no way a girl like that could be interested in me. So yeah, lack of self-confidence basically. Things seem to differ in the fact that the French girls you were with at this age (I'm assuming we are both talking late teens-mid twenties or so here) were willing to take things into their own hands so to speak and make something happen.

This makes me think we have more in common than I initially thought. I certainly agree that I often restrained myself from making any move because I was afraid of rejection, or that I was just imagining any signs because no way a girl like that could be interested in me. So yeah, lack of self-confidence basically. Things seem to differ in the fact that the French girls you were with at this age (I'm assuming we are both talking late teens-mid twenties or so here) were willing to take things into their own hands so to speak and make something happen.
you're assuming right and I'm glad the french girls helped at that time. Now I'm lot less passive and I make the move but I got too used to easy mode so I give up if the girl wants to take it too slowly even if I have undeniable confirmation of her interest in being with me. It's not that sex is only what matters to me, actually it's not what I seek the most. I don't want the girl to give me sex, I want her to want me to give her that. Seeing her desiring me is way more satisfying to me than sex itself. And that's why I don't do much p4p.

Seeing her desiring me is way more satisfying to me than sex itself. And that's why I don't do much p4p.

Oddly enough that's one of the things I've enjoyed about P4P in the short time I've started to take advantage of it. Perhaps I've just been extremely fortunate in my choice of providers but I've never felt that we didn't share a genuine desire to enjoy each other by the time we get to the bedroom. More so in fact than traditional dating where I've sometimes felt that my partner wasn't really interested in sex for the fun and pleasure of it, just that it was something she thought she had to do as part of the relationship.