Prepaid credit cards

CrimesAgainstPlastic

Life in Plastic, it's fantastic
Reaction score
Trying to get my head around local prepaid credit cards.

Looking to open an online account with a site that has odd subscription rules that keeps changing.

Anyone know about Rakuten Money? WebMoney?

Sorry, late reply here... but are you a Japan resident?

Webmoney - these are prepaid card that you can buy but I don't think you can add funds to them once used.
Rakuten Money - I think this is just a wallet service like Yahoo! Wallet, etc.

I don't have any direct experience with prepaid cards except those visa cards I get as gifts from points earned while using my normal Japanese charge cards. Those can be recharged with the instructions included.

I frequently use vprica prepaid cards for online shopping where a credit card is required. These cards can be charged up to 10万円 each and you have an online account to manage the cards.

Available at all convenient stores in Japan. I only had problems once with an American company which didn't accept the card.

But not sure if you want an actual card or if online is fine.

I frequently use vprica prepaid cards for online shopping where a credit card is required. These cards can be charged up to 10万円 each and you have an online account to manage the cards.

Available at all convenient stores in Japan. I only had problems once with an American company which didn't accept the card.

But not sure if you want an actual card or if online is fine.
Oh, I use V-Preca too! ^__^

Question for you, if you don't me asking.. I know these cards are rechargeable.. but do you know how to recharge them without the card number being changed as well?

Reactions: Anna Summer
Oh, I use V-Preca too! ^__^

Question for you, if you don't me asking.. I know these cards are rechargeable.. but do you know how to recharge them without the card number being changed as well?

I wish I knew a solution for this :( that was also the problem with those Vanilla Visa cards (not available anymore).
Maybe they change the card numbers for security reasons?

Visa used to have one which you could easily buy at most convenience stores. It even worked on Paypal!
However a few months ago they ended their service which means we're shit out of luck :/

Thanks for all the advice. I ended up going over a whole bunch of different cards.

@TAG Manager Yes I am a resident, but looking for a quick solution.

It's an odd card, can only be used at certain Japanese online stores.

Long story short, ended using PayPal. With a spare prepaid Visa on hand.